Commission to Study the Integration of the State Judicial System records
Scope and Content
Includes minutes, bulletins, reports and correspondence.
Language of Materials
The records are in English.
Restrictions on Access
These records are stored at an off-site facility and therefore may not be available on a same-day basis.
See the Rules and Procedures for Researchers Using Archival Records and Secured Collections policy.
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
In 1943 the General Assembly authorized the appointment of a ten-member commission, “to study the integration and reorganization of the judicial system of the state, including…[the courts, the probate courts, etc.] to determine the most efficient and economical methods of integrating and reorganizing the same into one judicial system, including, but not limited to, methods of appointment of judges and such commissioners and their tenure of office and salaries.” Judge Newell Jennings became chairman and Edward C. Fisher of the Judicial Department served as secretary.
Depending largely on data, statistics and information already available from the Judicial Department and from other states, the Commission held a series of meetings beginning on July 9, 1943 and ending on December 11, 1944. Its report was adopted on July 10, 1944 and published, along with several members' dissents and comments, in 1945. A copy is with the records.
.5 cubic feet
The Commission studied the State's judicial system with regards to methods of appointment of judges and their tenure in office and salaries.
These records were formerly RG 090. In 1994, State Archives staff consolidated the collection with other records of similar commissions in a new RG 028.
- Agendas (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Connecticut. Commission to Study the Integration of the State Judicial System -- Records and correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Courts -- Connecticut Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Justice, Administration of -- Connecticut Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- RG 028:003, Commission to Study the Integration of the State Judicial System
- Inventory of Records
- Finding aid prepared by Connecticut State Library staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Connecticut State Library Repository