Town of Waterbury records
Scope and Content
The air raid shelter survey includes information on the classification of buildings as air raid shelters and building survey forms used to collect construction data on individual buildings.
Language of Materials
The records are in English.
Restrictions on Access
These records are stored at an off-site facility and therefore may not be available on a same-day basis.
Series 3. Employee Grievance Files, circa 1964-1994, are Restricted under Conn. Gen. Stat. sec. 1-217 and any applicable federal and state laws on personally identifiable information.
See the Rules and Procedures for Researchers Using Archival Records and Secured Collections policy.
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
The town of Waterbury was incorporated in May 1686. The city of Waterbury was incorporated in 1853. The town and city consolidated in 1902. The town is located in New Haven County.
5.5 cubic foot
These records consist of the air raid shelter survey, circa 1941-1942, official list of women voters, 1899 October 2, and employee grievance files, circa 1964-1994.
The building survey forms were sorted by street and each form assigned a sequential number. They are arranged as follows: buildings posted as air raid shelters, buildings determined to be unsuitable, and the remaining forms by street then by number.
- Air raid shelters -- Design and construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civil defense -- Connecticut -- Waterbury Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Surveys (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Voting registers -- Connecticut -- Waterbury Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Waterbury (Conn.) -- Records and correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RG 062:151, Town of Waterbury
- Inventory of Records
- Finding aid prepared by Connecticut State Library staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Connecticut State Library Repository