Connecticut Siting Council records
Scope and Content
There is currently only one series of hearing transcripts, 1973-1992.
- Creation: 1973-1992
Language of Materials
The records are in English.
Restrictions on Access
These records are stored at an off-site facility and therefore may not be available on a same-day basis.
See the Rules and Procedures for Researchers Using Archival Records and Secured Collections policy.
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
The Connecticut Siting Council was first established as the Power Facility Evaluation Council in 1972 following the passage of the Public Utility Environmental Standards Act. In 1981, it became known as the Connecticut Siting Council with the passage of PA 81-369, which expanded the Council’s original jurisdiction over the siting of power facilities and transmission lines to include hazardous waste facilities. The Council’s jurisdiction has since been extended to include various other forms of infrastructure including telecommunications sites.
Source: Connecticut Siting Council website, "About Us" page at http://www.ct.gov/csc/cwp/view.asp?a=895&q=248310 (viewed January 13, 2010).
See also the Connecticut Siting Council Agency History.
15 cubic feet
The Connecticut Siting Council has jurisdiction over the siting of power facilities, transmission lines, hazardous waste facilities and various other forms of infrastructure including telecommunications sites.
Series 1. Hearing transcripts, 1973-1992, are arranged by docket number.
Genre / Form
- Administrative agencies -- Public meetings -- Connecticut
- Cellular telephone systems -- Environmental aspects -- Connecticut
- Electric lines -- Environmental aspects -- Connecticut
- Electric power transmission -- Environmental aspects -- Connecticut
- Hydroelectric power plants -- Environmental aspects -- Connecticut
- Mobile communication systems -- Environmental aspects -- Connecticut
- Power-plants -- Environmental aspects -- Connecticut
- Radio and television towers -- Environmental aspects -- Connecticut
- Wireless communication systems -- Environmental aspects -- Connecticut
- RG 041:003, Connecticut Siting Council
- Inventory of Records
- Finding aid prepared by Connecticut State Library staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Connecticut State Library Repository