Connecticut group portraits collection
Scope and Content
This collection contains over 100 group portraits of local and state officials, governors & their staff, Connecticut lawyers and members of local organizaitions. Not included are Connecticut military groups who form another picture group (PG 570).
Language of Materials
The records are in English.
Restrictions on Access
Some of these records are stored at an off-site facility and therefore may not be available on a same-day basis.
See the Rules and Procedures for Researchers Using Archival Records and Secured Collections policy.
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
3.5 cubic feet
This collection contains over 100 group portraits of local and state officials, governors & their staff, Connecticut lawyers and members of local organizaitions.
The portraits are arranged categorically.
Other Finding Aid
A portrait index available at the History and Genealogy reference desk lists individual names.
- Governors -- Connecticut Subject Source: Local sources
- Judges -- Connecticut Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawyers -- Connecticut Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New London County Bar Association Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- PG 560, Connecticut Group Portraits Collection
- Finding aid prepared by Connecticut State Library staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Connecticut State Library Repository