Department of Housing planning maps
Scope and Content
Maps of various types including zoning, base, land use, population density, traffic flow and volumes, utilities, neighborhoods, topopgraphy, community facilities, and buildable land, among others.
- circa 1943-1980
Language of Materials
The records are in English.
Restrictions on Access
These records are stored at an off-site facility and therefore may not be available on a same-day basis.
See the Rules and Procedures for Researchers Using Archival Records and Secured Collections policy.
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operated a Comprehensive Planning Assistance Grant program, also known as the 701 Planning and Management Assistance Program. Grants were awarded at the state, regional, and local level to improve housing and land use planning and management.
8 cubic feet
Town planning maps created through HUD's 701 Planning and Management Assistance Program.
Alphabetical by town. Maps within towns are in no partcular order.
- City planning -- Connecticut -- maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Connecticut. Dept. of Community Affairs -- Records and correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Connecticut. Dept. of Housing -- Records and correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Federal aid to community development Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Zoning -- Connecticut -- maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RG 071:003, Department of Housing Planning Maps
- Finding aid prepared by Todd M. Gabriel and Paul E. Baran.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Connecticut State Library Repository