Groton Congregational Church records
Scope and Content
Four record books, 1727-1893, that include minutes of meetings, records of baptisms, marriages, deaths, lists of pastors, deacons, and church members.
- Creation: 1727-1893
Language of Materials
The records are in English.
Restrictions on Access
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
The First Church of Christ Congregational in Groton, Conn. was established in 1702. The first meeting house was erected in 1703. Subsequent meeting houses were built in 1767, 1833, and 1902. The name was changed to Groton Congregational Church in 2007.
See also the Brief History of Meeting Houses of the Groton Congregational Church.
.25 cubic feet (4 volumes)
The First Church of Christ Congregational in Groton, Conn. was established in 1702. The name was changed to Groton Congregational Church in 2007.
Donated by the Groton Congregational Church on June 15, 2010.
Alternative Form Available
These volumes are available in pdf format on a compact disc. Contact Archives staff for assistance.
- RG 070:082, Groton Congregational Church
- Inventory of Records
- Finding aid prepared by Paul E. Baran.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Connecticut State Library Repository