Town of East Windsor records
Scope and Content
The records of the town of East Windsor consist of materials divided into seven series - Administrative, Court and Law Enforcement, Military, School, Election, Tax, and Other Records.
- Creation: 1768-1993
Language of Materials
The records are in English.
Restrictions on Access
These records are stored at an off-site facility and therefore may not be available on a same-day basis.
See the Rules and Procedures for Researchers Using Archival Records and Secured Collections policy.
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
The town of East Windsor on the east side of the Connecticut River, originally part of the town of Windsor, was incorporated in May 1768. South Windsor separated from East Windsor in May 1845.
30.5 cubic feet
Administrative, court and justice of the peace, military, school, and tax records.
Series 1. Administrative Records, 1768-1946 includes treasurer's accounts, Old Age Survivors and Insurance System information, and town orders on the treasurer.
Series 2. Court and Law Enforcement Records, 1854-1973 includes probate records and police patrol records.
Series 3. Military Records, 1852-1883 includes militia enrollment files.
Series 4. School Records, 1826-1933 includes School Board accounts.
Series 5. Election Records, 1841-1993 includes lists of voters admitted.
Series 6. Tax Records, 1850-1971 includes tax lists, grand lists, polls and rateable estates, and tax collector records.
Series 7. Other Records, 1902-1923 includes material related to the East Windsor Memorial Association.
The Town of East Windsor records with accession 2006-006 were donated to the Connecticut State Library in September 2005.
Genre / Form
- Administrative records
- Civil court records
- Military records
- School records
- Tax records
- Voters' lists
- Justices of the Peace -- Connecticut -- East Windsor
- Law enforcement -- Connecticut -- East Windsor
- Local taxation -- Connecticut -- East Windsor -- Registers
- Probate records -- Connecticut -- East Windsor
- Property tax -- Connecticut -- East Windsor -- Registers
- Soldiers -- Connecticut -- East Windsor
- Tax assessment -- Connecticut -- East Windsor -- Registers
- Taxation -- Connecticut -- East Windsor -- Registers
- Voting registers -- Connecticut -- East Windsor
- East Windsor Records, Inventory of Town of
- Inventory of Records
- Finding aid prepared by Bruce P Stark.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Connecticut State Library Repository