Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
The Board of Railroad Commissioners came into existence on July 1, 1853. On September 9, 1911 it was succeeded by the Public Utilities Commission.
In 1959, the General Assembly created the Civil War Centennial Commission to promote and publicize the history of Connecticut’s participation in the Civil War. The Commission consisted of twenty-five appointed members and had an office in the State Library.
The Commission made recommendations and proposed legislation to streamline State government that at the time consisted of 160 agencies among the three branches.
The Council of Defense coordinated war activities in Connecticut during World War I. Its various committees dealt with the various areas of concern, such as food supply, fuel conservation, transportation, military and naval affairs and publicity.
The Ruth Wyllys Chapter of Hartford, Connecticut, was organized November 18, 1892, and chartered January 6, 1893. Its members named it for Ruth Wyllys representing George, Samuel, Hezekiah and John Palsgrave Wyllys, statesmen and Revolutionary War officers.
The United Spanish War Veterans was organized in 1904 by the amalgamation of a number of veterans organizations, including the National Army and Navy Spanish War Veterans, the National Association Spanish-American War Veterans, the Service Men of the Spanish War.
The Department of Veterans' Affairs assists the State's veterans in obtaining benefits or privileges entitled to them under state and federal law. This record group includes records of the Fitch's Home for Soldiers and the Veterans Home and Hospital in Rocky Hill.
Includes material pertinent to Healy's service as the chairman of the Connecticut Savings Banks’ Railroad Investment Committee of the Banking Department (1945-1963) and a consultant to the Connecticut Commission on the Reorganization of State Departments (1935-1937).
The Mansfield Training School opened on July 1, 1917 as a home for persons with mental retardation. It closed in 1993.
The association was organized in 1919 composed of men who had served in the Machine gun Company of the First Connecticut Infantry, the first American machine gun company. It operated under various names until 1926 when it was named in honor of Michael and John Owens, both members of the company. The association decorated the graves of deceased members on Memorial Day and held annual meetings until it disbanded in 1970.
These records consist of the air raid shelter survey, circa 1941-1942, official list of women voters, 1899 October 2, and employee grievance files, circa 1964-1994.
The papers consist of materials pertaining to William S. Goslee's legal and personal affairs. Goslee was a lawyer for the town of Glastonbury and was active in town politics, church and school issues.
- Correspondence 15
- Reports 13
- Photographs 9
- Financial records 8
- Clippings 7
- Hartford (Conn.) 5
- Maps 5
- Connecticut 4
- Press releases 4
- Publications 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Agendas 3
- New Haven (Conn.) 3
- Bills (legislative records) 2
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 2
- Connecticut -- Genealogy 2
- Ledgers (account books) 2
- Membership lists 2 ∧ less
- English 15
- Undetermined 2