Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 682
Probate record books, 1829-2007, bulk 1829-1972 (includes certificates of elections and oaths of office of judge of probate, 1910-2007); Probate files, 1829-1912.
Gov. Chester Bowles' subject files.
Meeting transcript and sign-up sheet for October 3, 1984 meeting.
The Civil Service Commission made rules, created classified job titles and tests, administered the tests and perepared eligibility lists, answered correspondence, and sought information about exempted or unclassified employees in State departments.
In 1959, the General Assembly created the Civil War Centennial Commission to promote and publicize the history of Connecticut’s participation in the Civil War. The Commission consisted of twenty-five appointed members and had an office in the State Library.
Battle sites at Antietam and Gettysburg, campsites and forts, monuments, the South, Connecticut troops, Andersonville and Libby Prisons, portraits of military officers and noted people of the period. 450 photographs, prints, glass negatives. Click here to see the scanned paper finding aid and container list (pdf).
A collection of coat of arms that include drawings, photostats and paintings.
Includes a scrapbook of a European trip, 1861; Memoir of Joshua Coit (1800-1881), 1913; and a letter from Joshua Coit to an unnamed niece, 1877.
Record books, 1741-1976; Probate files, 1721-1920
The club was organized at a “mass meeting and rally of college women,” in Hartford on February 11, 1905, with its object “mainly social, philanthropic, or literary.” Among its activities, the Club took a leading role in the establishment of the Spruce Street Settlement, later known as Mitchell House.
Snapshots of demolitions of Hartford buildings between 1958 and 1965. Also, effects of 1930s floods at Colt’s Patent Fire Arms Manufacturing company. circa 500 photographs in 4 albums. Click here to see the scanned paper finding aid and container list (pdf).
The collection consists primarily of photographs depicting company administrators and employees, the Colt's armory in Hartford and other Colt-related properties, events, promotional material, and firearms.
The records of Colt’s Patent Fire Arms Manufacturing Company document gun manufacturing at the armory and the company’s subsidiaries, together with outside contracting activities.
Rev. Comfort Williams was a pastor of Wethersfield and Rocky Hill, Connecticut and Rochester, New York. Letters between Williams and his cousin, Lucy Williams, whom he married in 1811, with a few sermons and three diaries of Lucy. Click here to see the scanned paper finding aid and container list (pdf).
Contains a list of Committee members, 1991-1992; minutes, April-May, 1991 and February, 1992; and 1991 Joint Favorable List.
The Commerce Committee has cognizance of all matters relating to the Department of Economic and Community Development, the Connecticut Development Authority and Connecticut Innovations, Incorporated. Consists of meeting documents including notices, agendas, minutes, attendance, and roll calls; bill books, and correspondence.
The Jamestown Tercentennial Exposition was held in Hampton Roads, Virginia, April 29 to November 30, 1907, to celebrate the three hundredth anniversary of the first English-speaking colony.
The Commission was appointed under a 1903 special act to plan and direct Connecticut's participation in the Exposition in St. Louis.
Established in 1949 and abolished in 1975, the Commission on Forfeited Rights was charged with the responsibility of reviewing and acting upon petitions to restore forfeited electoral rights for those who had been released from prison.
The Commission used nineteen survey units to study various aspects of state government and make organizational recommendations.
The Commission was responsible for encouraging “participation in, and promotion, development, acceptance and appreciation of” the cultural resources of the state. Its work fell generally into five categories: Programs, Program Development, Information Services, Technical Assistance and Grants. The seven main areas of work are in: Community Development, Dance, Education, Literature, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts.
The Commission made recommendations and proposed legislation to streamline State government that at the time consisted of 160 agencies among the three branches.
Commission on the Treatment and Care of People Afflicted with Physical or Mental Disabilities records
The Commission studied ways to reorganize state government into fewer cabinet level agencies and emphasized implementation rather than investigation.
The Commission was created in 1919 "to investigate and report on a civil administration code." It collected data on state government organization and expenditures, took testimony from government officials and others, held public hearings between April and May 1920, and drafted its final report.
Commission to Investigate the Advisability of Consolidating Certain State Boards and Commissions and to Investigate the Public Health Laws records
The Commission studied the reorganization and consolidation of boards and commissions and revision of the public health laws.
Commission to Make Repairs to Capitol and to Procure Site for New Building for State Officials records
The Commission was established by the General Assembly in 1903 to make repairs to the State Capitol and to “investigate and ascertain the necessity of erecting an additional building.”
The 1973 session of the Connecticut General Assembly created this Commission to draft legislation to be presented to the 1974 session of the General Assembly.
- Correspondence 242
- Reports 146
- Minutes 132
- Photographs 87
- Clippings 78
- Connecticut -- Genealogy 52
- Genealogies 49
- Scrapbooks 41
- Financial records 34
- Membership lists 33
- Press releases 30
- Pamphlets 29
- Hartford (Conn.) 27
- Connecticut -- History -- Sources 25
- Publications 23
- Transcripts 22
- Agendas 19
- Account books 18
- Connecticut 18
- Notebooks 18 + ∧ less
- English 651
- Undetermined 31
- Governor. [O'Neill, William A.] 1
- Judicial Department. 1
- Wyllys, Samuel 1