Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 682
Submissions for the Connecticut State Song competition. Records include letters of submission, lyrics, sheet music, and sound recordings.
The Commission studied State government to determine the most efficient and economical means to deliver services to citizens.
Appointed by Governor Meskill, this nine-member Commission was created to analyze existing and potential revenue sources, review the State revenue structure, particularly with reference to its impact on various segments of society and on the climate for business and industry, examine the state of the property tax system, and recommend steps to be taken toward the complete reform of Connecticut’s existing tax structure.
This Committee was appointed by Governor John Davis Lodge to study traffic problems affecting the Hartford area. The Committee held meetings and conferences with town, business and railroad officials, and technical experts.
The Committee built, furnished, and operated a Connecticut building for the Philadelphia Sesqui-Centennial International Exposition. The building was modeled after the old state capitol, and equipped it with exhibits of Connecticut life and industry.
The Commission studied Connecticut's fiscal situation and evaluated various revenue and expenditure control devices.
The Governor’s Task Force on Infrastructure was established by Governor William O’Neill in April 1983 with the charge to develop a coordinated response to repair and replace the State’s infrastructure of roads, bridges, public buildings, water systems, and the like.
Record books, 1807-1924; Probate files, 1807-1975.
The Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) was established in 1866 by a former Army surgeon and held its first national meeting that same year. Its membership consisted of Union veterans of the Civil War. The GAR was concerned with veteran benefits and was actively involved in establishing soldiers’ homes, making provisions for soldiers’ graves, and lobbying for pension benefits. It proved to be an effective pressure group and exerted significant influence in the political arena.
Record books, 1853-1939, 1962-2002; Probate files, 1853-1900.
The First Church of Christ Congregational in Groton, Conn. was established in 1702. The name was changed to Groton Congregational Church in 2007.
Record books, 1832-1941; Probate files, 1865-2004, bulk 1865-1976.
Record books, None; Probate files, 1719-1900.
Record books, None; Probate files, 1830-1962.
Family papers of the Hamilton and Knapp families of the Danbury, Conn. area, including deeds, sketch maps, correspondence, check stubs, school report cards and Civil War letters. Click here to see the scanned paper finding aid and container list (pdf).
Record books, 1836-1988; Probate files, 1836-1936.
Correspondence on the Rasey, Morgan, and Gallup families. Also correspondence related to the estate of Harriet Vincent Stacy's father, Zacariah Vincent.
Notebooks and manuscript notes related to West Haven, Connecticut genealogy.
Established in 1897, the Hartford Dental Society (HDS) is a professional association whose members are dentists in the Greater Hartford area.
In the summer of 1951, State Supreme Justice William Mills Maltbie conducted a one-man grand jury investigation of the Hartford Housing Authority.
Record books, 1677-1849; Probate files, 1641-1940.
The Motherhood Club of Hartford was organized in 1896 by a group of young mothers “so burdened with the responsibilities of their lot that they chose to give their Club life to child problems rather than literary or social pleasures.”
Record books, 1836-1967; Probate files, 1836-1921.
Record books, 1835-1947; Probate files, 1835-1976; Wills, circa 1830-2010.
Notes and correspondence on the Reed and Wilcox families.
Record books, 1784-1976; Probate files, 1833, 1851-1975, 1998.
Notes on the Calkins Family and working papers.
Superintendent of Penny Post Co., San Francisco and later resident of East Hartford, Connecticut. Letters, clippings, drafts of articles concerning protracted controversies with U.S. Post Office Department and New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad. Click here to see the scanned paper finding aid and container list (pdf).
The Henry Whitfield House was built in 1639-1640 in Guilford, Connecticut. The house was purchased by the state of Connecticut and restored in 1901 as a state historical museum. The Henry Whitfield House was restored from 1930-1937 to the original 1639-1640 house.
- Correspondence 242
- Reports 146
- Minutes 132
- Photographs 87
- Clippings 78
- Connecticut -- Genealogy 52
- Genealogies 49
- Scrapbooks 41
- Financial records 34
- Membership lists 33
- Press releases 30
- Pamphlets 29
- Hartford (Conn.) 27
- Connecticut -- History -- Sources 25
- Publications 23
- Transcripts 22
- Agendas 19
- Account books 18
- Connecticut 18
- Notebooks 18 + ∧ less
- English 651
- Undetermined 31
- Governor. [O'Neill, William A.] 1
- Judicial Department. 1
- Wyllys, Samuel 1