Found in 146 Collections and/or Records:
The club was formed on November 27, 1879, composed of any soldier or sailor honorably discharged and sponsored by a member, and seems to have limited itself to Civil War veterans. Annual dinner meetings were held, usually in Hartford. It disbanded in 1936.
The Club was organized prior to 1909 with the purpose “to associate those actively or otherwise interested in the various branches of the arts and crafts for mutual benefit; to foster and promote interest in the handicrafts. . . and to encourage and stimulate. . . wider participation in and appreciation of good craftwork in all its branches.”
The Commission was established by Public Act 79-563 to inquire into, study and report on the desirability of legislation to limit the extent to which a bank holding company, whether organized under the laws of Connecticut or any other state, may maintain an office or conduct any business in Connecticut through a subsidiary of such holding company.
In 1981, the General Assembly created this bipartisan commission to “conduct a study and undertake an analysis of state tax revenue, state tax laws, administration of state tax laws, and state fiscal policy in relation to tax revenue.”
In 1895 the Fish Commissioners became the Commissioners of Fisheries and Game charged with "the supervision of hatcheries and retaining ponds, the introduction and distribution of such food fish and game as are adapted to the waters or lands of this State, and the enforcement of all laws relating to fish and game." The Commission became the State Board of Fisheries and Game in 1913.
The Board of Parole made release decisions based upon the likelihood that released prisoners would remain at liberty without violating the terms and conditions of their parole agreement and supervised those who are granted parole.
This record group includes materials deposited at various times by persons who served as Connecticut's agents on the bi-state commissions which established and maintained the boundary lines between Connecticut and her neighbor states.
The Civil Service Commission made rules, created classified job titles and tests, administered the tests and perepared eligibility lists, answered correspondence, and sought information about exempted or unclassified employees in State departments.
In 1959, the General Assembly created the Civil War Centennial Commission to promote and publicize the history of Connecticut’s participation in the Civil War. The Commission consisted of twenty-five appointed members and had an office in the State Library.
The club was organized at a “mass meeting and rally of college women,” in Hartford on February 11, 1905, with its object “mainly social, philanthropic, or literary.” Among its activities, the Club took a leading role in the establishment of the Spruce Street Settlement, later known as Mitchell House.
The records of Colt’s Patent Fire Arms Manufacturing Company document gun manufacturing at the armory and the company’s subsidiaries, together with outside contracting activities.
The Commerce Committee has cognizance of all matters relating to the Department of Economic and Community Development, the Connecticut Development Authority and Connecticut Innovations, Incorporated. Consists of meeting documents including notices, agendas, minutes, attendance, and roll calls; bill books, and correspondence.
The Jamestown Tercentennial Exposition was held in Hampton Roads, Virginia, April 29 to November 30, 1907, to celebrate the three hundredth anniversary of the first English-speaking colony.
Established in 1949 and abolished in 1975, the Commission on Forfeited Rights was charged with the responsibility of reviewing and acting upon petitions to restore forfeited electoral rights for those who had been released from prison.
The Commission used nineteen survey units to study various aspects of state government and make organizational recommendations.
The Commission was responsible for encouraging “participation in, and promotion, development, acceptance and appreciation of” the cultural resources of the state. Its work fell generally into five categories: Programs, Program Development, Information Services, Technical Assistance and Grants. The seven main areas of work are in: Community Development, Dance, Education, Literature, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts.
The Commission made recommendations and proposed legislation to streamline State government that at the time consisted of 160 agencies among the three branches.
Commission on the Treatment and Care of People Afflicted with Physical or Mental Disabilities records
The Commission studied ways to reorganize state government into fewer cabinet level agencies and emphasized implementation rather than investigation.
The Commission was created in 1919 "to investigate and report on a civil administration code." It collected data on state government organization and expenditures, took testimony from government officials and others, held public hearings between April and May 1920, and drafted its final report.
Commission to Investigate the Advisability of Consolidating Certain State Boards and Commissions and to Investigate the Public Health Laws records
The Commission studied the reorganization and consolidation of boards and commissions and revision of the public health laws.
The Commission studied the State's judicial system with regards to methods of appointment of judges and their tenure in office and salaries.
The Commission conducted a comprehensive study of state government and made cost cutting and revenue enhancement recommendations for agencies.
Meeting minutes, transcripts, and report related to Gloria Bogen, Republican Candidate for office of State Representative in the 73rd Assembly District, challenge of the results of the November 6, 1984 election and the recanvas thereof.