Found in 132 Collections and/or Records:
The club was formed on November 27, 1879, composed of any soldier or sailor honorably discharged and sponsored by a member, and seems to have limited itself to Civil War veterans. Annual dinner meetings were held, usually in Hartford. It disbanded in 1936.
The Club was organized prior to 1909 with the purpose “to associate those actively or otherwise interested in the various branches of the arts and crafts for mutual benefit; to foster and promote interest in the handicrafts. . . and to encourage and stimulate. . . wider participation in and appreciation of good craftwork in all its branches.”
Collected published annual meeting minutes and Sunday school convention minutes from Baptist Associations of Connecticut. The collection contains the following Baptist associations minutes: Ashford, Danbury, Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, New Haven, New London, Stonington, Stonington Union, Otsego (New York), and Shaftsbury.
The Connecticut Board of Examiners of Embalmers was established in 1903. Its function is to examine and license embalmers and to make and enforce regulations for the practice of that profession. In 1941 the act was amended to include provisions for licensing funeral directors. Now known as the Connecticut Board of Examiners of Embalmers and Funeral Directors, the Board works closely with the Department of Public Health.
In 1895 the Fish Commissioners became the Commissioners of Fisheries and Game charged with "the supervision of hatcheries and retaining ponds, the introduction and distribution of such food fish and game as are adapted to the waters or lands of this State, and the enforcement of all laws relating to fish and game." The Commission became the State Board of Fisheries and Game in 1913.
The Board of Pardons had jurisdiction over the granting of and authority to grant, commutations of punishment or releases, conditional or absolute, commutations from the penalty of death, and pardons, conditional or absolute.
The Board of Parole made release decisions based upon the likelihood that released prisoners would remain at liberty without violating the terms and conditions of their parole agreement and supervised those who are granted parole.
The Civil Service Commission made rules, created classified job titles and tests, administered the tests and perepared eligibility lists, answered correspondence, and sought information about exempted or unclassified employees in State departments.
In 1959, the General Assembly created the Civil War Centennial Commission to promote and publicize the history of Connecticut’s participation in the Civil War. The Commission consisted of twenty-five appointed members and had an office in the State Library.
The club was organized at a “mass meeting and rally of college women,” in Hartford on February 11, 1905, with its object “mainly social, philanthropic, or literary.” Among its activities, the Club took a leading role in the establishment of the Spruce Street Settlement, later known as Mitchell House.
The Commerce Committee has cognizance of all matters relating to the Department of Economic and Community Development, the Connecticut Development Authority and Connecticut Innovations, Incorporated. Consists of meeting documents including notices, agendas, minutes, attendance, and roll calls; bill books, and correspondence.
The Jamestown Tercentennial Exposition was held in Hampton Roads, Virginia, April 29 to November 30, 1907, to celebrate the three hundredth anniversary of the first English-speaking colony.
Established in 1949 and abolished in 1975, the Commission on Forfeited Rights was charged with the responsibility of reviewing and acting upon petitions to restore forfeited electoral rights for those who had been released from prison.
The Commission made recommendations and proposed legislation to streamline State government that at the time consisted of 160 agencies among the three branches.
Commission on the Treatment and Care of People Afflicted with Physical or Mental Disabilities records
The Commission studied ways to reorganize state government into fewer cabinet level agencies and emphasized implementation rather than investigation.
The Commission was created in 1919 "to investigate and report on a civil administration code." It collected data on state government organization and expenditures, took testimony from government officials and others, held public hearings between April and May 1920, and drafted its final report.
Commission to Make Repairs to Capitol and to Procure Site for New Building for State Officials records
The Commission was established by the General Assembly in 1903 to make repairs to the State Capitol and to “investigate and ascertain the necessity of erecting an additional building.”
The 1973 session of the Connecticut General Assembly created this Commission to draft legislation to be presented to the 1974 session of the General Assembly.
The Commission studied the State's judicial system with regards to methods of appointment of judges and their tenure in office and salaries.
Meeting minutes, transcripts, and report related to Gloria Bogen, Republican Candidate for office of State Representative in the 73rd Assembly District, challenge of the results of the November 6, 1984 election and the recanvas thereof.
The Committee studied the overall functions of state government and its agencies as well as their relationships with commissions and committees.
The Company K Veterans Corps of Hartford was founded in 1879 "to promote the interests and welfare of the active Company and preserve and continue the recollection of the service in the National Guard." All past members of Company K, First Regiment Infantry, Connecticut National Guard who had received an honorable discharge were eligible for election into this corps.