Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Connecticut School for Boys records
Long Lane School records
The Connecticut Industrial School for Girls was established in 1868 as a private institution for delinquent girls. In 1917 the State took control of the school and renamed it Long Lane Farm which changed to Long Lane School in 1943. Items in this collection include documents about staff and student life, photographs, paintings and artifacts.
Mansfield Training School records
The Mansfield Training School opened on July 1, 1917 as a home for persons with mental retardation. It closed in 1993.
Tolland County Mutual Fire Insurance Company records
The Tolland County Mutual Fire Insurance Company was chartered in 1828 with John Fitch as its first president. It ceased to exist in 1906 when, according to the Connecticut Insurance Commissioner’s Report, it transacted no business and all of its policies had expired.
Union Company records
The Union Company was incorporated in 1800 to clear a channel in the Connecticut River from Hartford to Long Island Sound. After the channel was cleared, the Company was allowed to collect tolls from vessels using the river.