Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Connecticut Forest and Park Association records
Abstract The Connecticut Forest and Park Association (CFPA) was founded on December 30, 1895, in Weatogue, Connecticut, at the home of Reverend Horace Winslow, as the Connecticut Forestry Association. In 1928, the Connecticut Forestry Association changed its name to the Connecticut Forest and Park Association. The name change reflected the association’s interest in recreation and leisure. Records include administrative files, minutes, correspondence, financial records, subject files, committee files,...
Forestry Department records
In 1921 the General Assembly reorganized the state forest administration. The State Park Commission became the State Park and Forest Commission and had authority to appoint the state forester, separating that office from the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station.
Dates: circa 1901-2004
Found in: Connecticut State Library / Forestry Department records
Mansfield Training School records
The Mansfield Training School opened on July 1, 1917 as a home for persons with mental retardation. It closed in 1993.