Bylaws (administrative records)
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Formed in 1912, the Ex Libris Club was a social organization of employees of the State Library and the Supreme Court. The Club held parties and picnics, sent cards and flowers, attended weddings and christenings, published an internal newsletter entitled the State Library Echo, and kept scrapbooks of members and activities. In 1951 employees disbanded the club and formed the State Library and Supreme Court Club, 1951-1986.
The association was organized in 1919 composed of men who had served in the Machine gun Company of the First Connecticut Infantry, the first American machine gun company. It operated under various names until 1926 when it was named in honor of Michael and John Owens, both members of the company. The association decorated the graves of deceased members on Memorial Day and held annual meetings until it disbanded in 1970.