Found in 302 Collections and/or Records:
Materials in the collection include architectural plans and specifications for for State Captiol maintenance and repair projects, photographs of various Public Works projects, groundbreaking and dedication programs, and files documenting the Home Ownership Program.
The Department of Transportation was created in 1969 per P.A. 768, sec. 3, with the merger for four agencies: State Highway Department, Department of Aeronautics, Connecticut Transportation Authority, and the Commissioners of Steamship Terminals.
The Department of Veterans' Affairs assists the State's veterans in obtaining benefits or privileges entitled to them under state and federal law. This record group includes records of the Fitch's Home for Soldiers and the Veterans Home and Hospital in Rocky Hill.
The General Assembly created the Emergency Relief commission in 1933 as a successor to the Connecticut State Emergency Committee on Employment and the Connecticut Unemployment Commission. It had two functions: approval of local municipal bonds for relief purposes and supervision of emergency unemployment relief projects.
First Lieutenant R.E. Larson, Staff Sergeant Raymond Dunn, and Miss Irene Kristofac, circa 1942-1945
Hurricanes and Nor'easters can cause major flooding of the Connecticut River and its tributaries. Three of the more impressive include floods in March 1936, September, 1938 and August 1955.
Includes a booklet titled "A Man of Courage" compiled by Flora E. Shirah to tell stories about the life of her son, Wingate Hulbert Royce, to his children. Also includes family group sheets and a family album that contains family history of Flora Shirah, various family genealogy information, and family group sheets.
In 1921 the General Assembly reorganized the state forest administration. The State Park Commission became the State Park and Forest Commission and had authority to appoint the state forester, separating that office from the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station.