Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Includes Executive Clerk, proclamations, correspondence, bond registers, applications, miscellaneous reports, commitment papers, appointment registers, Commissioner of Deeds, Lt. Governor, requisitions and waivers of extradition, and records of individual administrations beginning with Frank B. Weeks, 1909-1911.
The Motor Vehicle Department was established by legislative act in 1917 to protect life and property by the administration of motor vehicle laws, to regulate, discipline, and educate motor vehicle operators, and to provide revenue through licensing for the construction and maintenance of state highways.
The Committee built, furnished, and operated a Connecticut building for the Philadelphia Sesqui-Centennial International Exposition. The building was modeled after the old state capitol, and equipped it with exhibits of Connecticut life and industry.
The Connecticut Industrial School for Girls was established in 1868 as a private institution for delinquent girls. In 1917 the State took control of the school and renamed it Long Lane Farm which changed to Long Lane School in 1943. Items in this collection include documents about staff and student life, photographs, paintings and artifacts.
The Office of Policy and Management is the Connecticut governor's staff agency. It provides information and analysis that the Governor uses to formulate public policy goals for the State and assist State agencies and municipalities in implementing policy decisions on behalf of the people of Connecticut.
The General Assembly created this commission in 1929 to plan for the commemoration of the 300th anniversary of Connecticut’s settlement.
The Tolland County Mutual Fire Insurance Company was chartered in 1828 with John Fitch as its first president. It ceased to exist in 1906 when, according to the Connecticut Insurance Commissioner’s Report, it transacted no business and all of its policies had expired.