Church records and registers -- Connecticut -- Hartford
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Lucius B. Barbour (1878-1934) was appointed the first Public Records Examiner at the Connecticut State Library in 1911. The collection includes genealogical notes and abstracts from Connecticut vital, church, cemetery and probate records and from newspapers.
The Second Church of Christ Scientist Hartford, was organized in 1907 by 11 members of The Mother Church. The first service was held on an upper floor at 64 Pearl Street, and as the congregation grew, services were moved twice to other sites. The church building at the corner of Lafayette and Russ Streets held its first service January 4, 1925. A diminished membership prompted the congregation to sell the church building to the State of Connecticut in 2008.