Skip to main content

Parks -- Connecticut

Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Connecticut Forest and Park Association records

Identifier: RG169_007
Abstract The Connecticut Forest and Park Association (CFPA) was founded on December 30, 1895, in Weatogue, Connecticut, at the home of Reverend Horace Winslow, as the Connecticut Forestry Association. In 1928, the Connecticut Forestry Association changed its name to the Connecticut Forest and Park Association. The name change reflected the association’s interest in recreation and leisure. Records include administrative files, minutes, correspondence, financial records, subject files, committee files,...
Dates: 1850-2019

State Park and Forest Commission records

Identifier: RG079_017

In 1913 the Assembly created a permanent State Park Commission charged with "supervision of all lands acquired by the state, as public reservations, for the purpose of public recreation or the preservation of natural beauty or historic association. In 1921 the name changed to the State Park and Forest Commission. The Commission now had oversight of state forests as well as parks with the authority to appoint the State Forester.

Dates: 1908-1967