Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
The Henry Whitfield House was built in 1639-1640 in Guilford, Connecticut. The house was purchased by the state of Connecticut and restored in 1901 as a state historical museum. The Henry Whitfield House was restored from 1930-1937 to the original 1639-1640 house.
In 1895, the General Assembly established a three person board known as the State Highway Commission to monitor town expenditures of state funds as well as construction and improvements to public roads. In 1897, the legislature abolished the board and created the State Highway Department headed by the State Highway Commissioner. In October 1969, it merged into the new Department of Transportation.