Roads -- Connecticut -- Design and construction
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
State Highway Department records
In 1895, the General Assembly established a three person board known as the State Highway Commission to monitor town expenditures of state funds as well as construction and improvements to public roads. In 1897, the legislature abolished the board and created the State Highway Department headed by the State Highway Commissioner. In October 1969, it merged into the new Department of Transportation.