Found in 23 Collections and/or Records:
Board of Railroad Commissioners, 1870-1912, and Public Utilities Commission docket maps listing, 1869-1949, bulk 1911-1941
The Board of Railroad Commissioners came into existence on July 1, 1853. On September 9, 1911 it was succeeded by the Public Utilities Commission.
This record group includes materials deposited at various times by persons who served as Connecticut's agents on the bi-state commissions which established and maintained the boundary lines between Connecticut and her neighbor states.
The General Assembly created the Commission in 1895 (Special Act 343) to be responsible for the construction of a new bridge over the Connecticut River to replace the wooden bridge that had burned in that year. The Commission maintained the bridge until the 1930s, when it turned its duties and title to the properties to the State and adjoining localities.
Town planning maps created through HUD's 701 Planning and Management Assistance Program.
The Department of Housing handled all matters relating to housing and community development, including policy, development, redevelopment, preservation, maintenance and improvement of housing and neighborhoods.
The General Assembly created the Emergency Relief commission in 1933 as a successor to the Connecticut State Emergency Committee on Employment and the Connecticut Unemployment Commission. It had two functions: approval of local municipal bonds for relief purposes and supervision of emergency unemployment relief projects.
In 1921 the General Assembly reorganized the state forest administration. The State Park Commission became the State Park and Forest Commission and had authority to appoint the state forester, separating that office from the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station.
Includes material pertinent to Healy's service as the chairman of the Connecticut Savings Banks’ Railroad Investment Committee of the Banking Department (1945-1963) and a consultant to the Connecticut Commission on the Reorganization of State Departments (1935-1937).
The papers consist of material pertaining to Mathias Spiess who was an amateur historian with an interest in Connecticut Indians and the town of Manchester. Spiess in 1936 served as a Republican selectman and in 1937 and 1938 was a police commissioner for the town of Manchester. Included in the papers are correspondence, subject files, writings, and maps.
The association was organized in 1919 composed of men who had served in the Machine gun Company of the First Connecticut Infantry, the first American machine gun company. It operated under various names until 1926 when it was named in honor of Michael and John Owens, both members of the company. The association decorated the graves of deceased members on Memorial Day and held annual meetings until it disbanded in 1970.
The Department of Transportation is responsible for the perambulation, examination, restoration or repair of the state line boundary monuments between Connecticut and its neighbor states of New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.